Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Go Green Challenge Comes to an End


First let me start out by saying I DID use my debit card on Monday and Tuesday of this week to get gas and groceries, but I refrained from any unessesary spending which was very tempting while I was out and about. My girlfriend gave me $3 bucks so I wouldn't have to use my card to buy a book that I so desparately wanted which was cool because I haven't put the book down yet!


All in all the challege was a great sucess. I learned many many lessons and figured out that as long as you have a plan for your money it always works out. For the month of July I will be holding a yard sale with my best friend, and hopefully will generate enough cash to go clothes shopping with at the outlet mall.


I am also looking forward to couponing. Ever since I started collecting them I have formed a habit of checking to see if what I need from the store has a coupon. So far I haven't been able to save anything with a coupon but hey its only been 3 weeks, so im going to give it time. Going green brought me closer to my kitchen which was a welcomed experience as well. I look forward to doing a budget in July and all the way through becoming debt free. I would like to say thanks to Young Mogul In Training and her friends for doing the challenge with me and hope you got as much out of it as I did!!
Until next time, use cash and go green!!

4 comments:

Redbonegirl97 said...

Glad the challenge was successful I may have to try it.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Young Mogul said...

I did well and plan to post my update today. Congrats!

ms80sbaby aka Birthday Girl said...

Congrats Mik!!!!!!!!!!!

Divine and Debt Free said...

Thanks Guys!!