Monday, December 7, 2009

Do We Dare Test God? THE GIVING CHALLENGE

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. Malachi 3:10 (NIV)



A few days ago I was listening to one of my favorite podcast/bible study lessons. I don't remember exactly what the message was about but there was one thing that stood out to me at the very end. The pastor of the church put out one of the most amazing and bold challenges I have ever heard of. He asked his congrigation to put God to the test!!! Yes as we know there is no place in Gods word where he tells us to test him OTHER than in giving as you have read the above scripture.



The pastor said that only 15% of his church (which happens to be mega) was tithing. I found that interesting since my pastor announced the same thing going on at our church. Anywhoot so the pastor goes on to say that if you will tithes your 10% of your income for the next 3 months and you don't receive any blessings I will give you a 100% refund on your money. WOW really??

This is why I love listening to Mark Gungor preach because he dares to do things unheard of. I felt inspired by this message and decided I was going to take part in this challenge myself. Now I don't actually belong to this church so I won't be getting any money back lol, but I am going to do it anyways. I started tithing faithfully a few months ago and I have been blessed very much but I want to do more and do better because I know I can.

So today I challenge each and every person to test God. Test him and see if he doesn't do what he said he would do when you give!! I personally am excited about these next three months because I have a couple things I would love God to bless me with. What better way to go into the new year giving all you got in the midst of becoming debt free right????

If you would like to take part in this challenge please feel free to contact me and let me know how well you are doing. Im not refunding any money lol BUT I truly believe in this message so much so that I know if you start giving God will bless you !!

Ready set Go!!!





2 comments:

Ms. 80's said...

Great post Mik!!!!!

I definitely believe in tithing. I've been tithing since January of 05 and I have not missed a Sunday. I truly believe that I have never been down to my last as a result of my tithing.

I tithe at my home church and I'm not there every Sunday considering I stay in another state. However, my tithes don't miss a beat...

Good luck with tithing Mik!!!

Divine and Debt Free said...

Wow 80's thank you for that testimony girl!! I do believe that will encourage many people that are skeptical about doing it!!

I certainly believe in it now that I fully understand why we do it. I remember when I was just starting the dave ramsey plan, he talked about tithing first. I never did but I was still blessed, now that im tithing faithfully I can't even begin to imagine Gods blessings!!

Thank you so much for sharing