Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Working For The Man Every Night and Day!

Ike and Tina Turner



I have been so exausted over the last couple of weeks and working very hard to shake the feeling so I can carry on with life. Yesterday I was speaking to a good friend of mine who currently is attending college full time. She was telling me about how wonderful it is to not have to work full time and I am telling her how much work sucks typical right?

Then I went on to tell her how much money I make and her voice went 2 octaves up exclaiming "what!!" Umm geez yea its not really that much but I guess so when your income is pretty much zero. I went on to explain how while I am so thankful I have a "stable job" (only 2 lay off days a month aint bad), I do not intend to work a normal 9-5 for the rest of my life. I think this is ok for some people but not me.

I was over visiting Brads website Enemy of Debt and his blog post No More Mondays reminded me of something!! What was it? That I DON'T HAVE TO WORK A 9-5 EVER AGAIN ONCE IM DEBT FREE!! Mind you I don't plan on quitting my job the day after, but remember the reason I started my debt free journey is so that I could actually enjoy what I wanted to in life and not be tied down to one thing forever because of debt.

The economy is only as stable as you make it in my opinion. People start business every day that end up thriving over a period of time. I believe as long as you plan and work hard you will make it just fine. I don't knock people that enjoy working 9-5 at all and my job is the one thing allowing me to become debt free. I am so happy that I have been working on getting out of debt because it has allowed my dreams to be much more like reality which you just can't get at a 9-5.

My goals once I am debt free are as follows:

Travel extensively
Take Dave Ramseys counselor training - Like Brad
Become a full time landlord
Work at the hair salon part time and eventually open my own
Become a home buying counselor and get paid to do it!

What are some of your dreams? Do you think having to much debt keeps you from them at times?

No comments: